Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We survived! Or should I say I survived!

Well, the first day of kindergarten went off without a hitch! I made sure Maddie's lunch was all packed the night before so that we would be all ready to head out to school in the morning. She did awesome! She felt like such a big girl going to a big school with her brand new back pack! She just waved "bye bye Mommy and Daddy" and off she went! No tears at all! Although I can't say the same for myself! Now that I'm on the other end of it I can now understand how all those parents felt dropping their kids off for the first time....it's not easy! Fortunately my mom met me for breakfast to comfort me. =)

Madeline had a "fabulous" first day of school (in her words). She even got to pick something out of the treasure chest because she didn't call out and raised her hand when she had something to say. I'm so proud! Let's hope she keeps it up. I also recognized a few kids from the gym I go to so it was really nice to see some familiar faces in her class. I think this is going to be a great year for her!

Showing off her "Camp Rock" backpack!


Simi Elementary School...the oldest school in Simi Valley

Daddy and his princess

Mommy and her little girl

Maddie and her sisters


Lining up to go to the classroom

Ready for class work









1 comment:

Mamacita47 said...

Congrats........she looked adorable for the first day. Great shots...and you are looking quite svelt, I must say! What diet are you on? besides exercising?