Tuesday, September 15, 2009

We have a preschooler!

Today was Isabella's first day of preschool! She was soooooo excited! For the last two weeks she kept asking "how many more days till my preschool?" The countdown began and before she knew it she was there! This morning she even told Maddie "Now we're both gonna go to school!" When we got there we found her cubby and immediately sat on the carpet to begin her day. She was a bit shy when she met her teacher and even sitting on the carpet she was more reserved than I thought but I knew she would have no problems. So while other children were crying because their parents were leaving....I was the one crying as I left my middle baby.
She had a great day! She played on the playground, washed babies in their bathtub, made a calendar, read a book about letters and a coconut tree ("Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom), and ate snack consisting of rainbow goldfish crackers, cheese, and apple juice. We are so proud of our little girl and can't even believe this day has come! Why do they have to grow up so fast? We are excited for all she will learn and the friendships she will make.
Here's a couple of pictures from her first day!
Happy first day of Preschool, Isabella!








I took a picture of Izzy and next thing I know Katie walked right up so she could be in the picture as well. She is such a ham!

Outside her classroom

Sitting patiently (and quite happy I might add) on the carpet waiting for class to begin

She was so excited to show us her calendar she made with her picture on it!

Izzy already knew how to write her name but I've never seen her Z's look as good as they look here! Amazing!







1 comment:

Russ and Gini said...

What great photos. I can't imagine she is in pre-school already. Time sure flies as I can well relate too.
Dad (Russ)