I know my posts are very few and far between. I can't believe 2008 has come to an end! December has been a very busy month for our family, especially now that I am working I can't seem to find the time to do much of anything these days! We hope you all are doing well and are ready for the Christmas holiday. We think of you often!
Here are just a few of the December highlights!
We are so proud of our Maddie. She earned three awards at the Trimester Awards Assembly. She earned the Principal's award for "Responsibility," the Special Distinction award for having more than 75% Outstanding's on her report card, and perfect attendance award. We are so proud of how well she is doing in school. She enjoys going to school and when you ask her what she likes best about school she will tell you "playing with my friends" (not a surprise) and "writing." She has extremely nice printing and loves sounding out and writing words. I am so impressed with her "ear spelling." She even loves playing school at home and believe it or not loves being the teacher! Just like her Mama! She's even said she wants to be a teacher when she grows up.
What's December without a trip to Disneyland? And boy it sure felt like winter that day! At least for us Californian's, 55 degrees is cold! The girls had a wonderful time riding the rides and watching the Christmas parade. We love this time of year anyway and going to Disneyland makes it that much more magical and special. The decorations are beautiful and for 10 minutes watching the snow on Main Street in the chilly weather made it feel like it was the real thing!
My Mom took the girls to the gym I work out at for a visit with Santa at the child care. Izzy has been talking for weeks about taking a picture with Santa and has been so excited but when the time came, I'm not so sure she really wanted to go through with it.
Doesn't look like she's ready to see Santa.
Ok, now I'm happy and ready to visit Santa!
Baby K was NOT happy and Izzy wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry!
On Sunday, the Hyatt put on a Children's Christmas party for all its employees. The girls enjoy going every year. There are many activities for the kids including cookie decorating, a few crafts, "Lucky the clown," a visit with Santa, and a buffet lunch that included mini corn dogs, chicken fingers, and mini pizzas...yummy! Maddie and Izzy got snow flakes painted on their cheeks. Here are our girls in their matching outfits.
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment